Join us, you'll love it. We promise.
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate RVN to work alongside our Dermatology specialist.
Extensive training for all dermatology specific skills will be provided and no previous experience of dermatology specific nursing is required.
The hours for this role can be flexible to suit the candidate. Both full-time and part-time working will be considered.
There is an opportunity for extensive CPD both in house and traveling to dermatology conferences and completing the BSAVA nurse merit award in dermatology will be supported.
Key clinical and administrative duties will include:
- Assisting with investigations both in the consultation such as preparing samples, restraining patients, monitoring anaesthesia/ sedation and independently working with patients including microscopy (training provided) and monitoring patient following immunotherapy.
- Assisting with ear flushes, performing skin treatments including bathing and clipping
- Owner follow up and answering enquires from owners
- Maintaining equipment and stock of the dermatology room
- Dispensing of medications
- Management of diary, assessing potential new appointments and liaising with the referrals team to ensure that these are correctly booked
- Managing timings of day to ensure flow including during appointments and investigations
Benefit package includes:
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday off work
- Appealing rota to encourage a good work/life balance
- Staff discount scheme
- Generous CPD allowance with days off to attend
- Workplace pension scheme
- Minimal OOH as dedicated night team
- Employee assistance programme
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or for more information or to have an informal chat about the opportunities available contact Sam Lewis 01924 908333
Closing Date 28/06/2021
Why Sign Up?
Speed up the submission process by auto-completing your details
Register for Paragon Veterinary Referrals information updates
Manage your details for information updates
Review your past referral history all in one convenient place
How to Sign Up?
Sign up using the sign up form