Join us, you'll love it. We promise.
Part-time Dispensary Animal Care Assistant
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, professional and dedicated nursing team, at a state-of-the-art referral centre?
An Animal Care Assistant position has opened at Paragon Veterinary Referrals, Paragon Park, Wakefield.
18 hours per week working Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 4.30pm to 8.30pm and Thursdays 2pm-8pm on dispensary.
This opportunity would suit a highly motivated and proactive individual to take responsibility of evening dispensary management.
As aspects of this role are client facing it is vital that the candidate is friendly, cheerful, approachable and always willing to go the extra mile to provide the highest standard of client care.
Key duties will include:
- Assisting the vets during consults
- Preparing and dispensing medications (completing all necessary paperwork)
- Admitting and discharging patients under the direction of the vets
- Assisting the reception team and answering telephone calls
- Cleaning and infection control of the consulting rooms after morning appointments
- Applying eye drops and completing paperwork for eye testing
Previous experience of nursing within a veterinary practice is preferred but not essential, full training will be given.
Benefit package includes
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Appealing rota to encourage a good work/life balance
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com, or for more information or to have an informal chat about the opportunities available contact Sam Lewis or Lara McHale on 01924 908333
Why Sign Up?
Speed up the submission process by auto-completing your details
Register for Paragon Veterinary Referrals information updates
Manage your details for information updates
Review your past referral history all in one convenient place
How to Sign Up?
Sign up using the sign up form