Evening Dispensary Nurse
Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Part Time evening RVN Dispensary Nurse
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, professional and dedicated nursing team, at a state-of-the-art referral centre?
An RVN position has opened at Paragon Veterinary Referrals, Paragon Park, Wakefield. An average of 20 hours per week working Mondays 5pm-8pm, Tuesday – Friday 4pm-8pm on dispensary.
1: 6 Saturday mornings 8am-2pm on reception.
This opportunity would suit a highly motivated and proactive individual to take responsibility of evening dispensary management.
As aspects of this role are client facing it is vital that the candidate is friendly, cheerful, approachable and always willing to go the extra mile to provide the highest standard of client care.
Key duties will include:
- Assisting the vets during consults
- Preparing and dispensing medications (completing all necessary paperwork)
- Admitting and discharging patients at the direction of the vets
- Assisting the reception team and answering telephone calls
- Cleaning and infection control of the consulting rooms after morning appointments
- Applying eye drops and completing paperwork for eye testing
- To join the 1:6 reception weekend rota 8am – 2pm
- Booking appointments with the help of the admin team
- Answering the telephone
- Taking payments and cashing up
- Ensuring correct procedure followed when dealing with insured patients
Previous experience of nursing within a referral practice is not essential,
Benefit package includes
· 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
· Appealing rota to encourage a good work/life balance
· Salary dependant on experience
· Staff discount scheme
· CPD allowance with days off to attend
· Workplace pension scheme
· Minimal OOH as dedicated night team
· Employee assistance programme
To apply in writing
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected], or for more information or to have an informal chat about the opportunities available contact Sam Lewis 01924 908333
To apply for this role, please complete the following details and upload a covering letter of intent and your curriculum vitae
* Denotes a required field
« Back to Recruitment