Our ophthalmologists provide medical and surgical management of a wide range of diseases and disorders of the eye. We have a specific ophthalmology theatre, set up with some of the most effective equipment available, including a state-of-the-art phacoemulsification machine used in cataract surgery.
We accept referrals for all ocular conditions in dogs and cats including:
- eyelid problems
- ‘cherry’ eye
- corneal diseases including ulcerative disease, perforation and foreign bodies
- nasolacrimal diseases
- inherited and acquired retinal disease assessment
- lens luxation and instability
- cataract surgery and intraocular lens implantation
- orbital diseases including orbital tumours
- BVA/KC/ISDS eye scheme for breeders.
Advanced facilities include:
- close and distant direct ophthalmoscopy
- indirect ophthalmoscopy
- slit lamp biomicroscopy
- application tonometry
- ocular ultrasonography
- orbital CT or MRI
- operating microscopy
- phacoemulsification for cataracts
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01924 908333
If you would like to refer a case, you can refer by email, telephone, fax or post but the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.
If your case is an emergency, urgent or out of hours, please telephone us on 01924 908333