Investors in the Environment
Paragon Referrals recognise that all businesses influence the environment in several ways. As such, we are committed to the ongoing improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that Paragon Referrals are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We acknowledge that our operations can impact the environment, and have identified key areas that contribute to our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- transport emissions
- use of raw materials, including materials and medications
- procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
- staff turnover and retention.
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- compliance with all applicable environmental regulations
- monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- minimising unsustainable transport use
- take part in One Health sustainability project with our Associates
- working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
- commit to paying a real living wage for all associates and development of long-term careers with clear career pathways within the business
The introduction and implementation of the Environmental Policy is a pledge of Paragon Referrals management and shared responsibility with our Associates. Ella Murgatroyd has allocated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.
Name: Sophie Adamantos
Position: Clinical Director
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist (email@example.com)