Paragon Veterinary Referrals
Paragon Veterinary Referrals, part of Linnaeus Veterinary Limited, is a leading state-of-the-art, multi-disciplinary small animal hospital, based in Wakefield. We are committed to providing outstanding levels of clinical care for small animals referred to us by veterinary surgeons across the UK, and offer an extensive range of clinical services, facilities and equipment, able to accept referrals in every discipline.
Home to a specialist-led clinical team of dedicated veterinary surgeons and highly skilled veterinary nurses, we offer the highest levels of expertise and capability, and treat clients and patients alike with compassion, respect and care.
Our core environmental impacts are Climate Change, Waste Management and Responsible Pharmaceutical and Chemical Stewardship. We acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and our ambition is to continually improve by:
- Accessing sustainability-focused forums and training
- Monitoring key resources such as electricity, gas, water, anaesthetic gases and transport, and setting reduction targets
- Calculating a Scope 1, 2 and partial Scope 3 carbon footprint, and setting an annual reduction target
- Using sustainability performance metrics to drive change
- Supporting sustainable transport options and healthy lifestyles for our Associates
- Carrying out One Health projects
- Improved resource management including sustainable procurement choices and waste management plans
- Providing our clients support on responsible preventative care strategies
- Accepting returns of unused or out-of-date veterinary medicines to our practices
- Being compliant with applicable environmental regulations and meeting our clients’ expectations.
Paragon Veterinary Referrals are committed to reducing their environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme. Our practice is registered on the iiE Green Directory.
Nicola Swales is our Sustainability Lead and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
We communicate this policy to our Associates, ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters and opportunities to make changes. We make this policy available to our clients through our practice website and we welcome ideas or questions from clients via our Client Care teams.
For further questions on Linnaeus Sustainability, please contact email@example.com or go to the website at https://www.linnaeusgroup.co.uk/about-us/sustainability for more information.
Name: Nicola Swales
Position: Investors in the Environment Lead for Paragon Veterinary Referrals
Name: Sophie Adamantos
Position: SLT representative for Paragon Veterinary Referrals