The internal medicine team have extensive experience of canine and feline medical investigation and treatment. We have expanded our team from three medics to five in just 18 months!
Tracheal and urethral stenting is now available at Paragon. As a multidisciplinary team we can assess whether these interventional techniques are appropriate for individual patients and place stents under fluoroscopic guidance. Please get in touch with Andrea if you have any questions about case suitability by using our FREE advice form.
We accept patient referrals in all aspects of internal medicine including:
- haemolymphatic diseases including anaemia and thrombocytopenia
- Tracheal and urethral stenting
- coagulopathy/clotting disorders
- endocrine conditions
- gastrointestinal (including investigation of chronic vomiting and diarrhoea) and pancreatic problems
- infectious diseases
- immune mediated diseases
- liver problems
- nasal problems
- pyrexia of unknown origin
- hepatic disorders including hepatitis and portosystemic shunts
- renal disease and urinary tract diseases
- respiratory medicine including investigation of nasal discharge, cough, dysponea and exercise intolerance
- ultrasound guided biopsies.
Advanced facilities include:
- extensive range of flexible and rigid video endoscopes
- bone marrow sampling equipment
- on-site laboratory with tests including haematology, biochemistry, electrolytes, blood gas analysis, coagulation times, urine analysis, blood typing and cytology
- on-site availability of transfusion products
- state-of-the-art medical diagnostic imaging suite.
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01924 908333
If you would like to refer a case, you can refer by email, telephone, fax or post but the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.