Our ophthalmologists provide medical and surgical management of a wide range of diseases and disorders of the eye. We have a specific ophthalmology theatre, set up with some of the most effective equipment available, including a state-of-the-art phacoemulsification machine used in cataract surgery.
We accept referrals for all ocular conditions in dogs and cats including:
- eyelid problems
- ‘cherry’ eye
- corneal diseases including ulcerative disease, perforation and foreign bodies
- nasolacrimal diseases
- inherited and acquired retinal disease assessment
- lens luxation and instability
- cataract surgery and intraocular lens implantation
- orbital diseases including orbital tumours
- BVA/KC/ISDS eye scheme for breeders.
Advanced facilities include:
- close and distant direct ophthalmoscopy
- indirect ophthalmoscopy
- slit lamp biomicroscopy
- application tonometry
- ocular ultrasonography
- orbital CT or MRI
- operating microscopy
- phacoemulsification for cataracts
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01924 908333
If you would like to refer a case, you can refer by email, telephone, fax or post but the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.