The orthopaedic team have extensive experience in small animal surgery and can provide services that can include the diagnosis, treatment and management of all orthopaedic conditions in both cats and dogs.
We accept referrals in all aspects of orthopaedic surgery including:
- management of cranial cruciate ligament insufficiency, including:
- Tibial plateau levelling osteotomy (Slocum TPLO)
- Tibial tuberosity advancement (TTA)
- Isometric bone tunnel UHMW polyethylene lateral suture
- complex fracture repair: internal fixation: several locking plate technologies, linear, circular and hybrid ESF
- patellar luxation: realignment procedures, trochleoplasty
- arthroscopic investigation and surgery (keyhole) for joint disease including elbow dysplasia, shoulder OCD and stifle investigation
- Ilizarov ring fixators (circular ESF); angular limb deformities, limb lengthening
- total hip replacement (THR) for dogs (all sizes) and cats.
Fixed price orthopaedic surgery:
- cranial cruciate ligament disease
- Tibial plateau levelling osteotomy (TPLO) surgery
- Tibial tuberosity advancement (TTA) surgery
- total hip replacement (THR) surgery for dogs (all sizes) and cats
Advanced facilities include:
- imaging for procedure planning:
- digital radiography
- computerised tomography (CT scanning)
- magnetic resonance imaging MRI scanning)
- TPLO/TTA/full hip replacement kit
- minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis (MIPO)
- fluoroscopy and arthroscopy.
Why refer to Paragon?
- Team of highly experienced orthopaedic surgeons allows collaboration for more challenging cases, led by the only registered specialist in the region devoted solely to orthopaedics.
- State of the art operating facilities including intra-operative imaging (C-arm fluoroscopy and DR x-ray), laser and operating microscope.
- State of the art-imaging suite including high field MRI and 16 slice CT.
- Multi-disciplinary; essential for unstable cases (dedicated ICU) and cases with co-morbidities, but also invaluable for unexpected anaesthetic emergencies with specialists in both anaesthesia and emergency medicine.
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01924 908333
If you would like to refer a case, you can refer by email, telephone, fax or post but the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.