Video Consultation Service
Our Video Consultation Service allows our veterinary team to assist clients when we’re not able to provide care and treatment in the surgery. This is particularly important during the current COVID-19 situation.
Using a technology platform called Microsoft Teams, our clinicians can give advice, help monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. In certain circumstances, we may be able to provide veterinary attention to new referral cases, where no other more suitable arrangements can be made.
How does it work?
- Please call the practice on 01924 908333. Our receptionist will take some information and decide what is the best way to manage your request.
- A further telephone triage appointment with one of our vets may be required in order to determine if a video consultation is appropriate.
- The client will need to email back to the practice and confirm they are happy to progress with the consultation.
- Once this has been confirmed, the practice will email back with the time of the appointment and the link to follow for the video consultation. The client may need to download an app to make this work and we would advise a wifi (rather than 4G) connection.
- The appointment will then take place as planned as a video consultation.
Following professional guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
To offer this service we have engaged with the RCVS on the current Medicines Act. In the circumstances of the coronavirus outbreak, some relaxation of these rules are permissible, such as when an owner must remain isolated at home or where treating a pet in practice is not practical and no reasonable alternative is available. Under these circumstances a video consultation can be appropriate.
Video Consultation Service terms and conditions
1. Our vets will be able to give general advice, help monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. We may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases where no other more suitable arrangements can reasonably be made. Attendance at the practice for further investigation may be required prior to treatment advice. Depending on the individual circumstance of any request – the final decision to conduct a video consultation will be made by the practice.
2. The Video Consultation Service can only be booked once our veterinary team agree it is appropriate to do so. In the first instance clients must call the practice, where the options available will be discussed with you. Any agreed video consultation must be pre-booked and is subject to availability.
3. Fees will be charged in line with our standard consultation fee. Payment will be taken prior to the video consultation appointment with receipts sent via email or post. Payment for any further treatments or medication will be taken after the consultation. You will need to call the practice to agree how medication can be obtained (if posted, an additional delivery charge will apply – depending on the delivery service requested).
4. The video consultation will take place using the technology platform Microsoft Teams. The Microsoft Teams app must be downloaded and installed prior to the consultation. Please note that use of the app is subject to your agreement to Microsoft’s terms and conditions. This app is currently free of charge (as of 23.03.20) – however please consult your app provider for the costs at the time of download. You will be responsible for all costs charged by your network provider relating to the use of this service.
In addition, our standard terms and conditions will apply. They can be found at https://www.paragonreferrals.co.uk/terms-conditions
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01924 908333
If you would like to refer a case, you can refer by email, telephone, fax or post but the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.