Join us, you'll love it. We promise.
Surgical Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has opened for an RVN to Lead our team of surgical nurses.
We are seeking an enthusiastic RVN to deliver our core values which we pride ourselves at Paragon.
The role would suit a highly motivated, proactive individual that can support and develop our surgical nurses. The candidate must be positive and approachable.
As this is a leadership role, an understanding of people, behaviour, organisation and prioritising is essential.
Key duties will include:
- Providing the highest standard of nursing care to all patients following SOP’s and delivering evidence-based medicine.
- Guiding and supporting the surgical team.
- Managing the team.
- Working closely with the Learning and Development lead to oversee the surgical rota including authorising the holiday requests
- Ensure surgical SOP’s are kept up to date.
- Take a lead role in monitoring and recording training needs.
- Offer knowledge and training.
- Organise, attend, minute and action meetings.
- Monitor the mental health of the nurses.
- Deal with any day-to-day issues quickly and efficiently.
- Assist with stocktakes.
- Be flexible when needed to cover deficits in the rota.
- Assist with recruitment of surgical nurses.
- Continue to work on your own cases so your skills stay up to date.
Benefit package includes:
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Staff discount scheme
- Generous CPD allowance with days off to attend
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Employee assistance program
- Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5pm.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information or an informal chat please speak to Becky Fray
Closing date 17.09.21